I was saddened to hear about the mass shooting at a FedEx Ground operations facility in Indianapolis. Since that time, I have seen some incomplete reporting in some cases. Here is my experience as a previous employee at FedEx for 35 years:
1) FedEx has robust security protocol in place at their ground operations facilities, including secured access and metal detector type scanning processes at many bldgs.
2) FedEx Ground does not skimp on security.
4) Cell phones are banned as a safety measure to prevent distractions at hubs/terminals, that could result in injury to employees.
5) Background and criminal checks are performed on all new employees.
6) FedEx has very close relationships with local and national law enforcement agencies.
As a former FedEx employee (18 years) I know that the safety of team members is at the top of their list of priorities. I mostly avoid politics on LinkedIn but this is a national problem. Thoughts and prayers are not working. We need real solutions.